HomeMe, Myself, and IRules of the BlogContact

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Planning, planning, and more planning

I spent last week making what I was thought was a neat lesson for my students. They informed me it wasn't. Thanks! Here's a shortcut of the lesson what do you think?

We are about to start a writing unit. My students have a problem with IDK, OMG, and other horrible TXT shortcuts. So we went over the texting shorthand that isn't allowed! They had to write what each shortcut meant and then give me five of their own.

After they did that they were informed to FORGET them. If they tried to use them points would be deducted. They then had to take the terms and use the non-shortcut version of them and write a letter trying to persuade someone to do something. For example: One student hates her assigned seat, she then had to write me a letter explaining why I should change it.

It's not perfect but it's kind of neat right?

All 11 followers I'm asking you, what you think.

2 comments:

Rachel Stoll said...

Back in the day when I was in secondary when dinosaurs roamed the earth and texting didn't exist our teachers made us do the same thing with abbreviations. I think it's a great idea, however I think your students were against it because it's so foreign to them and it probably makes them think that you're just not up with the times.

I would be quick to point out though that most classic lit doesn't involve the use of LOL.

Caroline said...

Sounds like a cute lesson plan to me! Kids these days are so hard to please... ;)


Twitter   Pinterest   Email


Middle School Maven

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Chelle Creations



Clutter-Free Classroom

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved