HomeMe, Myself, and IRules of the BlogContact

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Break the Silence Sunday

I know that today is supposed to be a picture and no words but I haven't written in a while so I will post the picture tomorrow. I haven't written because there has been too much going on in my life and I wasn't sure how much of it I wanted to share but those of you who know me, know that I'm pretty much an open book and since I only have 12 readers I decided what the heck.

My boyfriend was laid off from his job a few weeks ago and (it was a blessing in disguise) it has been hard for him. He's a smart guy (Emory for undergrad) but with this lovely economy there isn't much out there. My heart is breaking for him and I'm trying to be supportive but I'm a giant mess so who am I to tell someone what to do?

School has been crazy! I had my review the other day and the woman walked out after 10 minutes! She's a former librarian and has NEVER been in the class. She asked me what grade I taught while in the middle of my observation. um... wow! Then the next day I had another observation from the man who is in charge of our ACT America's Choice program that the Oklahoma City public school board says we have to follow and according to him I'm doing awesome!

I love my job but my resident teacher lady is not cool. How can someone who doesn't understand what it means to teach in a Title 1 school tell me whether or not I'm a good teacher? She told me not to let my kids in the class if they didn't have pencils, a) I would NEVER have students b) I would NEVER have students and c) I would NEVER have students. My principals' face when she said that was kind of priceless.

Speaking of my awesome job! I had fight #3 in my class Friday morning. Two girls decided for whatever reason to go at each other and I did not intervene. I refuse to get involved with two girls fighting and instead sent one student to the main office to get the police officer, and two other girls broke up the fight. I was yelling at them to stop, but seeing as how I haven't really had a voice for five days no one heard me. For those of you who are about to become teachers don't let that story scare you.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of my life right now but I wanted to explain why I've been MIA lately.

No comments:


Twitter   Pinterest   Email


Middle School Maven

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Chelle Creations



Clutter-Free Classroom

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved