HomeMe, Myself, and IRules of the BlogContact

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meet the Teacher

I love blogging (even if I'm not great at updating my blog!) I also love reading other people's blogs especially other teachers which is why I'm joining up with the latest "Meet the Teacher" and sharing some details about myself.

Let's start with the basics, shall we? I am a 7th grade English/Reading teacher in Oklahoma and I LOVE my job.  I moved to Oklahoma in August 2009 for my job and met my fiance thanks to my fabulous cousin (and maid of honor) and we will be getting married in 40 days.  I went to the University of Oklahoma where I received a Bachelors of Arts in Communications and a minor in History (best six years ever!) I am an avid college football fan (Boomer Sooner!) but am marrying an avid Longhorn fan so football season is fun at our house.  

{...Q & A...}

Q: What would you be doing if you weren't teaching? 
A: I would be working on Education Reform somewhere.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Teaching, reading, shopping, watching bad tv, reading
Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A teacher, it's all I've ever wanted to be. 
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?
A:  Coca Cola, bad tv (Jerseylicious , Hoarders, 90210), shoe shopping, book shopping, 
Q: What are your biggest fears?
A: I am scared of what is going to happen to my students when our school closes in two years.  I am scared of the unknown and almost everything in life but I try not to let it stop me.  
Q: When you're on vacation, where do you like to go?
A: South Carolina to visit my parents, Houston to visit my in-laws, Florida and like every good Southern girl I love Charleston. 
Q: What's the best adviced you ever received?
A: Don't quit! 
Q: What do you value most in others?
A: Manners - I think the world is a much better place when people are polite.  I also think that being real and not fake are extremely important. 
Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass on to your children, what would it be?
A: My need for learning.  I love learning new things.  
Q: If you could have lunch with anyone - living or dead - who would it be?
A:  My grandmother to tell her what is going on in my life.  I moved back to Oklahoma to be near her and she passed away right after I received my job. 
Q: Now, tell us one thing about yourself:
A: I was born in a small town in Oklahoma (population 7,000) and moved to Atlanta when I was ten and then moved to South Carolina when I was seventeen but consider myself a true southerner.  I am also a 3rd generation Sooner and love that I have memories of going to football games with my grandfather, parents, cousins, etc.  

 I hope yall enjoyed learning about me!


The First Grade Parade

4 comments:

Cara Carroll said...

So glad you played along! Loved getting to "know" you! I'm all over the manners...totally agree with you!! And OMG...I LOVE Hoarders. I should've added "becoming a hoarder" to my list of fears ;) Nice to "meet" you!

Cara :)
thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com

Michele said...

I'm visiting from the Meet The Teacher at The First Grade Parade. I'm an Aggie who married into a family of Longhorn fans. Thanksgiving is always fun for us ;) I love the name of your blog and love the quote at the top even more. I'm printing that and hanging it in my classroom. It's so nice to 'meet' a fellow middle school/junior high teacher. Our job is definitely never a dull one!

kinderpond said...

Oh Hoarders.... my husband has accecpted the fact that I am NOT that bad lol

Jennifer

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! So fun! My little sister is getting married in 60 days! I also teach middle school & have been for 7 years! And, Hoarders.....Such a great show!


Twitter   Pinterest   Email


Middle School Maven

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Chelle Creations



Clutter-Free Classroom

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved