HomeMe, Myself, and IRules of the BlogContact

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th!

I spent 9 summers at Camp Birch Trail for Girls in Minong, WI and I haven't been back since 2004 but there is still something about the 4th that takes me back to camp! Our 4th of July started off being woken up by the oldest girls at camp banging, and yelling happy 4th and then we moved to the flag pole. We had red,white,and blue waffles (strawberries, blueberries, whip cream) and then the BEST part of the day the icing fight. You were supposed to decorate your cake but somehow most of the icing ended up on us. We also would have a dance party through the lodge, on to the airstrip, it was such a happy carefree place. It's all girls and it's the place that I can honestly say taught me how to stand up for myself. That's how I got my independence how did you get yours?

Happy 4th of July!


No comments:


Twitter   Pinterest   Email


Middle School Maven

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Chelle Creations



Clutter-Free Classroom

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved