HomeMe, Myself, and IRules of the BlogContact

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

it's going to take me three weeks to recover from three days off work..

I had a sub last week from Wednesday to Friday due to some health issues (i'm fine) but i'm not sure my classroom is.  i came back yesterday and couldn't find the kids work (i left packets for them to do!), my room was a diaster, the stage in my room was a diaster, and my desk is usually a disaster but it was worse.  my students told me the sub had them read for 3 days straight.  well, i came to school wed. to make sure they had work to do , i met with the sub to explain the work that needed to be done, and two of my classes are 90 minutes long so seriously you read for 3 days!  State testing starts next week so i'm a little stressed, angry, and irritated.  I tried to go back to work on Wednesday but wasn't allowed due to my back and the doctor telling me no work until Monday but I still feel guilty about how my kids may or may not due on the big test next week.  (i'll post more on that later) I am so frustated right now that i can't even spell or type correctly (so sorry for the mispelling) plus I'm trying to type this without my glasses on which is always entertaining.  before i head off to school i need to tell you the best part about this sub, he apparently kept trying to fall asleep in my class.  really who can do that while there are a bunch of middle schoolers in the room? i know my kids and even when they are quiet they aren't that quiet. 

happy tuesday!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always love when I have days off but then again, I hate having to leave my class to a sub because they never do exactly what I ask.

Your story about the sub trying to fall asleep reminds me of my practicum. My CT had to take a sick day so I was there (couldn't take over the class of course) but the sub pretty much let me run the entire class while he sat at her desk and slept! Yeah, full out slept. He never came back after that. :D

I hope you're able to recover (physically and with your classroom) soon!

Jeni


Twitter   Pinterest   Email


Middle School Maven

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Chelle Creations



Clutter-Free Classroom

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved