HomeMe, Myself, and IRules of the BlogContact

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!

Happy Thanksgiving Blogging friends!  I took the year away from blogging because I wasn't in a good place mentally and needed to make some life choices.  We moved to Texas after I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, I started teaching 6th grade Reading, Writing, and Social Studies, and I started working at a school that was HUGE.  To say that I was overwhelmed was an understatement.  My husband moved here two days after two big tornados in Oklahoma and I followed at the end of the school year on July 1st.  After the second big tornado I was ready to move, I was excited to be near my in-laws, my niece and nephew, and let's be honest I always knew when I married a Texas boy this is where we would end up.  The biggest change was that in December after lots of soul searching (and most importantly under Doctor's orders) I left my job teaching.  The teachers were horrible to me, the administration treated me differently because of the color of my skin, and I was having the worst MS symptoms I've ever had.  If my doctor had not ordered me to quit I would have suffered through this job until the end of the school year, but I decided to be smart and listen to him.  I found a job teaching 15 months old at a Private School and while I was hesitant because I was worried this was going to be boring, and too much like a daycare I was pleasantly surprised.  I fell in love with teaching again.  I was able to be creative again and the hugs made my days better. I was given a wonderful teaching partner (we are all equal teaching partners) and thanks to this job I met my two best friends.  Very high school to mention besties, but that's what these two have become actually no, they are family.  At the end of the school year I "graduated" and was moved to the two year olds.  I didn't think I could love my job any more than I already did, but for Older Toddler we work with Rice University and their Literacy Program and this Reading teacher is in love.  I love being able to be creative.  I was given a new teaching partner and while it has been a difficult transition I am happy.  I spend my mornings with two year olds and my afternoons with four year olds.  I love them! I love my school!  I miss being with my middle school kids, I miss being with the at risk kids, but am thinking of starting to tutor next year instead of working all day.  Bonus points!  I can work as a classroom teacher for the morning only.  I haven't decided yet, but we shall see.  The school has a elementary school attached to it and for a while I thought maybe I would want to move to the elementary side, but I was asked to interview there and it went horribly.  I am happy that things are falling into place in my life.  I wasn't going to blog because well the name of my blog is Middle School Maven, so obviously that will have to change, but I have missed getting my feelings out.  I have missed being able to read about what everyone is doing. I hope everyone is doing well (all 77 of you!) I also hope you will continue with my on my new educational journey whatever it may be.

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!!!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Twitter   Pinterest   Email


Middle School Maven

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Chelle Creations



Clutter-Free Classroom

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved